St Margaret's Breakfast Club is based in the school hall, where we have on average 35 children daily. Parents bring their children through reception where a member of staff waits eagerly to greet them. A register is taken before the children walk down to the hall and again before they join their class for the day.
Attending our Breakfast Club with it's happy, relaxed environment has many benefits for the children such as:-
- Improved social skills/interaction and general behaviour
- Improved time-keeping/less absence
- Improved co-operation/sharing and support amongst peers
The children also have a good choice of a structured healthy breakfast, this consists of:-
- Toast - with jam or marmalade
- Boiled or Scrambled Eggs
- Assorted juices, milk, water or te
Our children are very proud of their Breakfast Club and take care of their possessions, ensuring books, toys and games are carefully cleared away at the end of each session. We ensure children feel safe, relaxed and ready to learn enabling parents to feel confident that their children are prepared for their day ahead.
Weather permitting children can participate in outdoor games and activities or they may choose to stay indoors where they can catch up with homework, play board games, entertain us with talent shows or just sit quietly to read.
Children are regularly awarded with Good Behaviour Certificates and Rewards.
At the end of the year we invite parents to join us and share a free breakfast to watch our 'Breakfast Club Christmas Panto'!
The cost for Breakfast Club is just £2 per day per child, however if your child is pupil premium please speak to the breakfast club staff. This is heavily subidised by the school which I'm sure you'll agree gives you great value for money.
The timings for arrival and breakfast serving times are below.
7.30am ~ 7.50am arrival and breakfast served
- 7.50am ~ 8am the children are welcome to attend breakfast club but food will not be available
- 8am breakfast club closed and children will not be admitted
- 8.10am free play ~ football, board grames, singing, reading, colouring & outside play
- 8.45am children go to their classrooms for registration