EYFS ~ GIRAFFES and LADYBIRDS
I hope you are all well and being good for your mummies and daddies! I am missing seeing your smiley faces already and looking forward to seeing you at school when all the germs have gone.
I have enjoyed keeping up to date with your learning at home by looking at Tapestry. We are exploring ways to keep in touch with you but in the meantime please upload pictures and videos onto Tapestry. I bet lots of you are getting plenty of exercise with Joe Wick’s PE lessons and some of the dancing videos. Mrs Henshaw has been doing the Joe Wick’s PE lesson with her family too.
As part of our topic we were going to grow beans. Have any of you planted any beans or seeds? Are they growing yet? Don’t forget to water them!
I hope you are sharing lots of stories and using Bug Club. Could you try sharing a Facetime story with a friend or nanny or grandad at bedtime? And keep practising your phonics sounds and those tricky words!
Stay safe and be good,
From Mrs Henshaw and Mrs Odei
Click on the link below to view our Class Page for Spring 2
Click on the link below to view our Medium Term Plans for Spring 2
Here are some other things you could do while you are at home. I will try and update this as often as I can, so keep coming back and looking for more things to learn.
More things to keep you entertained!
- Timetable - Not sure how to organise your day with your child - try one of these timetables or make your own with this cut and stick timetable.
Example Home learning timetable
- Joe Wicks - Every day Joe Wicks (The Body Coach)is completing a daily workout for children and adults. Apparently it's quite hard work. Complete it every day here:
- Maths - Not sure what methods your child uses in maths to add, subtract, multiply and divide? Look at the school's calculation policy for help.
Calculation Policy 2019.docx
- ISING POP!We all love iSing Pop at St Margaret's. They have started their own YouTube channel where you can learn new songs, watch bible stories and next week learn all about the Easter story. They are constantly updating it. Subscribe and get singing!
- David Walliams -Every day David Walliamsis reading a story at 11am. The site often crashes due to so many people being on there but the story stays on for the day. Go and listen to one!
- Edinburgh Zoo- have put live webcams into some of their enclosures so you can check out some of the animals! Maybe observe them and write a report!
- Twinklhave lots of great craft activities for you to try at home, and it’s currently free to use!
- The Nature Trust – here are some simple, nature-based activities you can enjoy together at home or in your garden
- Change 4 life – here are some fun, simple 10 minute activities to keep your family moving during this time at home!
- Activity Village – here are loads of ideas of crafts, exercises and learning projects you can complete during this time
- #TheGreatIndoors – lots of activities to do at home to combat the boredom https://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors/
- Dough disco – Join Shonette for live streams of Dough Disco and lots of fun ways to improve pencil grip and muscle strength for writing. Some children use this already with Mrs Taylor but will be good fun for everyone in Reception or Nursery. Find this on YouTube #spreadthehappiness
- Book Trust – fantastic book recommendations and tips for supporting reading at home. https://www.booktrust.org.uk/