EYFS ~ GIRAFFES and LADYBIRDS
Hello EYFS and welcome back after the break!
I hope you have been having fun during your time off and you are all keeping well, keeping busy and have been enjoying a bit of fresh air and sunshine in the garden!
I hope you've been able to look at the home learning packs; you will notice a weekly timetable has been included for you to follow too.
Below, you will find links to our class page and curriculum map for this half term, so you can see what our topic will be for Summer 2. Please have a look at them, it might give you some ideas as to what you can research to keep you busy, so you do not miss out on any learning.
As well as all of the log-ins for different websites that you have, you will also find included a few websites of really excellent ideas and resources you can look at to keep you busy. The PE with Joe Wicks is an excellent way to get you moving at the start of the day and so easy to access on YouTube – please try it out!
Please continue to use Bug Club and share those stories at bedtime using Facetime. Don't forget to use Tapestry to upload any new pictures and videos of your learning.
Stay safe and be good for your mummies and daddies!
From Mrs Henshaw and Mrs Odei.
Click on the link below to view your Weekly Timetable for Summer 2
Click on the link below to view our Class Page for Summer 2 - This will give you some extra things you can work on while at home that are related to our topic.
Click on the link below to view our Medium Term Plans for Summer 2 - This outlines all the skills and knowledge they would be focusing on.
Here are some other things you could do while you are at home. This will be updated as often as possible, so keep coming back and looking for more things to learn.
More things to keep you entertained!
- Timetable - Not sure how to organise your day with your child - try one of these timetables or make your own with this cut and stick timetable.
Example Home learning timetable
- Joe Wicks - Every day Joe Wicks (The Body Coach)is completing a daily workout for children and adults. Apparently it's quite hard work. Complete it every day here:
- Maths - Not sure what methods your child uses in maths to add, subtract, multiply and divide? Look at the school's calculation policy for help.
Calculation Policy 2019.docx
- ISING POP!We all love iSing Pop at St Margaret's. They have started their own YouTube channel where you can learn new songs, watch bible stories and next week learn all about the Easter story. They are constantly updating it. Subscribe and get singing!
- David Walliams -Every day David Walliamsis reading a story at 11am. The site often crashes due to so many people being on there but the story stays on for the day. Go and listen to one!
- Edinburgh Zoo- have put live webcams into some of their enclosures so you can check out some of the animals! Maybe observe them and write a report!
- Twinklhave lots of great craft activities for you to try at home, and it’s currently free to use!
- The Nature Trust – here are some simple, nature-based activities you can enjoy together at home or in your garden
- Change 4 life – here are some fun, simple 10 minute activities to keep your family moving during this time at home!
- Activity Village – here are loads of ideas of crafts, exercises and learning projects you can complete during this time
- #TheGreatIndoors – lots of activities to do at home to combat the boredom https://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors/
- Dough disco – Join Shonette for live streams of Dough Disco and lots of fun ways to improve pencil grip and muscle strength for writing. Some children use this already with Mrs Taylor but will be good fun for everyone in Reception or Nursery. Find this on YouTube #spreadthehappiness
- Book Trust – fantastic book recommendations and tips for supporting reading at home. https://www.booktrust.org.uk/