Year 1 ~ TURTLES
Hello Turtle Class!
I hope you are all doing well, keeping safe and being good for your adults at home! I can’t wait to see you all back at school as soon as it is safe to be there.
I hope you are having lots of fun and learning lots at home during this time off! Well done to those of you who have been onto Times Table Rockstars, Bug Club, Doodle Maths and Education City; there are lots of activities on there to keep you busy and learning whilst we aren’t at school.
I hope you’ve been able to look at your home learning packs too. I am looking forward to seeing your work once we are back at school. Maybe you could also use this time to do some cooking, invent a new game or create a new dance, we can share everything we’ve been up to once we are back in class.
At the moment I am busy making sure that our learning, when we return to school, will be amazing. I know Mrs Smith is working on some things too, which means we communicate more. In the meantime, keep using your home learning packs. Keep up all the work because I can't wait to see it!
From, Miss Stock.
Click on the link below to view our Class Page for Spring 2
Click on the link below to view the Medium Term Plans for Spring 2
Here are some other things you could do while you are at home. I will try and update this as often as I can, so keep coming back and looking for more things to learn.
More things to keep you entertained!
- Timetable - Not sure how to organise your day with your child - try one of these timetables or make your own with this cut and stick timetable.
Example Home learning timetable
- Joe Wicks - Every day Joe Wicks (The Body Coach)is completing a daily workout for children and adults. Apparently it's quite hard work. Complete it every day here:
- Maths - Not sure what methods your child uses in mathsto add, subtract, multiply and divide? Look at the school's calculation policy for help.
Calculation Policy 2019.docx
- ISING POP!We all love iSing Pop at St Margaret's. They have started their own YouTube channel where you can learn new songs, watch bible stories and next week learn all about the Easter story. They are constantly updating it. Subscribe and get singing!
- David Walliams - Every day David Walliamsis reading a story at 11am. The site often crashes due to so many people being on there but the story stays on for the day. Go and listen to one!
- Edinburgh Zoo - have put live webcams into some of their enclosures so you can check out some of the animals! Maybe observe them and write a report!
- Twinkl have lots of great craft activities for you to try at home, and it’s currently free to use!
- The Nature Trust – here are some simple, nature-based activities you can enjoy together at home or in your garden
- Change 4 life – here are some fun, simple 10 minute activities to keep your family moving during this time at home!
- Activity Village – here are loads of ideas of crafts, exercises and learning projects you can complete during this time