Year 2 ~ BUTTERFLIES
Hello Butterfly class!
I hope you are all well and enjoying some of the sunshine. Below are even more fun things for you to try at home. I am sure you will all be working hard at home on your home learning packs, as well as maybe learning a new skill like cooking or riding your bike! I am looking forward to seeing everyone when we return to school and cannot wait to see all the amazing things you have been doing at home. Remember to keep all of your work as we will have a big gallery and display when we return to share all our fabulous work. I know Mrs Smith is working on some things too which means we can communicate more.
In the meantime, keep using your home learning packs, TTRS, Bug Club, Doodle Maths and Education City for more learning! I am really impressed to see that some people have read lots of books on bug club already! Well done and keep it up!
Stay safe and I look forward to seeing you all soon.
Click on the link below to view our Class Page for Spring 2
Click on the links below to view the Medium Term Plans for Spring 2
Here are some other things you could do while you are at home. I will try and update this as often as I can, so keep coming back and looking for more things to learn.
More things to keep you entertained!
- This website has many great geography ideas. For making models of globes, flags and even model volcanoes! - https://www.3dgeography.co.uk/#!map-skills-worksheets/c1kqd
- If you fancy practicing some maths this website has lots of maths questions for lots of different maths topics. - https://uk.ixl.com/math/year-2
- If you are looking for some English question try this website which has lots of games for reading, writing and spelling – https://uk.ixl.com/ela/year-2
- CBBC has lots of fun quizzes. If you enjoy a quiz follow the link to the website - https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/quizzes
- Complete some science at home in your garden with Maddie & Greg. I wonder if you will find any minibeasts? - https://www.youtube.com/maddiemoate
- Not sure how to organise your day with your child - try one of these timetables or make your own with this cut and stick timetable.
Example Home learning timetable
- Every day Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) is completing a daily workout for children and adults. Apparently it's quite hard work. Complete it every day here:
- Our Sports Partnership has produced a list of things the children can do to keep active in the garden. Being outdoors as much as possible will keep your mind refreshed and yourselves positive!
Sports Partnership challenges - Get Active!
- Not sure what methods your child uses in maths to add, subtract, multiply and divide? Look at the school's calculation policy for help.
Calculation Policy 2019.docx
- ISING POP! We all love iSing Pop at St Margaret's. They have started their own YouTube channel where you can learn new songs, watch bible stories and next week learn all about the Easter story. They are constantly updating it. Subscribe and get singing!
- Every day David Walliams is reading a story at 11am. The site often crashes due to so many people being on there but the story stays on for the day. Go and listen to one!
- Edinburgh zoo have put live webcams into some of their enclosures so you can check out some of the animals! Maybe observe them and write a report!
- If you’ve got an AR-enabled phone, you can now bring select animals like tigers right into your space for a safari. Put a tiger into your garden or even your house! Below are some instructions on how to do it!
- Carol Vorderman has a site which is excellent for supporting maths. She has made it free or the foreseeable future. Sign up today!