Year 5 ~ LIONS
Hello Owl Class!
It feels very strange that we haven’t seen you at school for a while and we really miss your smiling faces and kind words. We hope you are making the most of your time at home – doing some learning, getting some exercise and spending time with your families. We have heard that lots of you have been doing so much learning from your learning packs, so we thought we would give you some more ideas for fun learning activities you can do at home. Please keep all the work you do if you can – it will be great to see it when we get back to school!
Remember, you can also do other kinds of learning that we’ve not suggested, and might not have even thought of – we wonder if any of you might learn to play a musical instrument, bake a cake or speak a new language! There are so many opportunities to learn new things on the internet at the moment, so be adventurous and have a look!
Please take photographs of your new learning so that we can share them when we all see each other again. We wonder who will learn the most unusual new skill or do the most exciting new activity!
Don't forget to use TTRS, Bug Club, Doodle Maths and Education City for more learning! We can see who is using them well and will allocate more books as needed.
Remember to keep using your Christian values in all that you do – you are so good at that!
Be kind to each other and take care,
Mrs Taylor and Mrs Fitter.
Click on the link below to view our Class Page for Spring 2
Click on the link below to view the Medium Term Plans for Spring 2
Here are some other things you could do while you are at home. We will try and update this as often as we can, so keep coming back and looking for more things to learn.
More things to keep you entertained!
- Not sure how to organise your day with your child - try one of these timetables or make your own with this cut and stick timetable.
Example Home learning timetable
- Every day Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) is completing a daily workout for children and adults. Apparently it's quite hard work. Complete it every day here:
- Our Sports Partnership has produced a list of things the children can do to keep active in the garden. Being outdoors as much as possible will keep your mind refreshed and yourselves positive!
Sports Partnership challenges - Get Active!
- Not sure what methods your child uses in maths to add, subtract, multiply and divide? Look at the school's calculation policy for help.
Calculation Policy 2019.docx
- ISING POP! We all love iSing Pop at St Margaret's. They have started their own YouTube channel where you can learn new songs, watch bible stories and next week learn all about the Easter story. They are constantly updating it. Subscribe and get singing!
- Every day David Walliams is reading a story at 11am. The site often crashes due to so many people being on there but the story stays on for the day. Go and listen to one!
- Edinburgh zoo have put live webcams into some of their enclosures so you can check out some of the animals! Maybe observe them and write a report!
- If you’ve got an AR-enabled phone, you can now bring select animals like tigers right into your space for a safari. Put a tiger into your garden or even your house! Below are some instructions on how to do it!
- Carol Vorderman has a site which is excellent for supporting maths. She has made it free or the foreseeable future. Sign up today!
- Why not get involved in the Neighbourhood Window Walk? Every week, people are placing different pictures in their windows for people taking their daily walks to see. Great fun! See ‘Heather Mills, Hockley and Hawkwell Rainbows for Happiness’ on Facebook
- Do you love taking photographs? How about taking part in the ‘Stay at Home Photography Challenge’? www.whitneylloydphotography.com
- We know how much you all love writing, but sometimes it can be difficult to think of new things to write about. Look no further than ’25 Literacy Activities for Kids’ – there are so many ideas here! https://www.themumeducates.com/50-kids-educational-activities-to-do-at-home
- If you love drama – and we know that you do – check out The Drama Challenge. You can even do this with your younger and older siblings. https://www.facebook.com/Chameleon-Productions-Drama-Challenge